Friday 5 December 2014

Ran into a friend down the street today that was wondering what to do about her dogs eyes as she suspected the dog may have a mild case of conjunctivitis. I was able to tell her to wash the dogs eyes out with camomile tea for the next few days and see if that helps. I advised to see vet if she didnt see any improvement. A rough guide as to what i would do...

How to make up solution:
 hot water and pop the camomile tea bag in. Let cool to room temperature.

For the first couple of days i would try to flush dog / horse / etc. eyes out 3 times a day using a dropper.
 If no improvement go see the vet.
If you do notice an improvement back off to 2 rinses for the next couple of days then 1 rinse for the following couple of days.
By this time you should have flushed the infection out.

Its worked for me many times in the past with my fur babies.  I have also used it on myself successfully.

Thought this was a handy tip to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment